These types of wines known as dealcoholized wines. A non-alcoholic wine is without the alcohol content that is removed as the name explains. This kind of wine became very popular amongst the wine drinkers as the search for a drink tasting like wine but without no negative impacts on health or related activities like that of driving. It might be possible that these kind of wines have a lower amount of calories that the regular ones, amounting to around 150 calories in one bottle. These might be faintly classified into non-alcoholic wine with an alcohol concentration of less than one percent. The low alcohol wines might have an alcohol percent of just between 2% to 5.5%.
As these wines are made from the similar or the same ingredients which also involves the single process for its making, the authentic taste is retained. These are included in the list of mocktail beverages in a party or any celebration.
Processing of Non-Alcoholic Wines
The process of de-alcoholization is being done in various ways with alcohol removal from the fermented wine by using some of the thermal techniques or some of the techniques of the membrane, retaining almost all the constituents of a wine.
One of the methods, namely vacuum distillation process includes storage of wines at extremely low pressures at the room temperature and separation of wine into different fractions into a tall column. The vacuum reduces the boiling point of the alcohol, and it is “boiling” at room temperature. The constituents like acids, minerals, sugars, vitamins are preserved as these are non-volatile, and there is no risk of cooked-up flavors as the high temperatures are avoided.
Benefits of Non-Alcoholic Wines
- These types of wines are almost with a 0 level intoxication.
- They nearly have half the amount of calories as to that compared to regular wine. But the interesting part remains that it still tastes good with antioxidants retained.
- It provides the people with a real variation of consuming alcohol while actually not consuming alcohol.
- When alcohol removal is done from wine, the large quantities of calories are subsequently removed as well. The alcohol removal stage from the wine means a reduced calorie level in the excess of 30%, the whole dependence lying on the volume in total extracted.
- The wines without alcohol have at least or almost the same level of antioxidants like the alcoholic wines. It is also possible that the levels might be a bit higher due to wine concentration as the alcohol is removed.
- Radicals free of oxygen have been indicated in some of the diseases like cancer and heart diseases’ development. Thus, it indicated a consideration to use the antioxidant levels as a useful step in preventive medicine.